Diplomacy 24 Players
- This is a light role-playing diplomacy game set in post-WW2 (like TAF).
- You pick a country and interact with other players in role playing RTS.
- Each year you get income. More about increasing income below.
- You have cities under your control at the start. Capture cities (and resources) by attacking them until HP goes close to 0.
- Builder (make from city) can make unit-producing buildings and other structures.
- Air field produces airplanes, shipyard produces ships, etc.
- Most units (except infantry) need oil. Oil = food. You can capture oil spots and build oil rig on them to get more.
- Type -ally X, -neutral X, and -war X to change relations with other players (X is slot number, like 1 for USSR and 2 for USA).
Several things contribute to income:
- Financials: you can buy financials from one or two of your starting cities (main city).
- Mana in cities: increase by building factories, or by putting a coal factory near the city.
- Coal factory, gulag, drug factory: different countries have specific buildings that can be created to increase income.
- Resources: gold / diamond resources also contribute to income, you can capture these by attacking.
Start of game typically looks like this:
- Buy financials and city factories to increase income.
- Make infantry from cities and attack neutral cities (if any nearby) to capture them and expand your country.
- Also capture resources and oil rigs for more income and oil/food.
- Gradually begin building an army. Depending on your position, choose from a combination of infantry, tanks, ships, and aircraft.
- Ally some other countries; you might want to pick a major alignment, like USA / UK / USSR.
Most important extra things to know:
- For oil/food, as alternative to capturing oil rigs, you can build trench and upgrade to fuel production center.
- There are some upgrades available in bottom left of map, to the left or right of where you select country (depending on your slot).